to make the NyamaNyama art festival a reality!!
Special gifts for your support.
$20 more : 3 type of postcards with Sticker
$50 more : T-shirts (Please select type of color and size)
Type : 001 BK or 001 W Size : S, M, L, XL, XXL
Type : 002 BK or 002 W Size : S, M, L, XL, XXL
Type : 003 BK or 003 W Size : S, M, L, XL, XXL
What we need : One of our goals is to do this festival every year, so this budget includes investments for future events.
The breakdown is shown below for this year 2015
in Diébougou,Burkina Faso : Total $ 4,900
- For theater and workshop (tent, electricity, T-shirts for staff) : about $ 1,300
- Staff (around $5, per days, 17 ppl, 8 days) (Technical cleaners, around $2, 1 day, 6 ppl) : about $ 750
- Music, Traditional performance and other guests (include transportation, hotel charge, food) : about $ 1,500
- Renting a car to pick-up artists and equipments : about $ 150
- Gas $1.19 per L (about 160 L) : about $ 200
- Advertising cost (TV, Radio, Flyer) : about $ 1,000
in NYC, US (We decided based on the laws of the State of New York) : Total $ 2,900
- All images for NyamaNyama (Using T-shirts, Some goods, Brochure, Website, Post Card and everything) : $ 1,000
- Translation of languages (4 countries $150 each other) : $ 600
- Website for NyamaNyama ($200 per year) : $ 200 more
- Post card (3 designs, 500 postcard of each design) : about $ 100
- Brochure including postal fees (120 pages 100 books) : $ 1,000
The exhibition in NYC : Total $ 4,500
- Kinda (Artist) and Cheick (organizer of NyamaNyama) 's transportation including hotel fee (3days) : $ 3,000
- Participating Artists in NYC (musician, painter and someone about 10ppl) : $ 1,500
Make some products : Total $ 2,700
Why did we create "NyamaNyama"?
The seed of this art show was very simple: "I was planning on visiting a friend in Diébougou. There I thought I'll meet someone interesting and have a lively conversation. From that conversation, I believe something interesting can be born." Before you know it a simple gathering like this can make Diébougou a place to be.
The title of the show “Nyama Nyama” means garbage in the local language. Garbage is closely involved in our daily life, playing an important role in the cycle of human lives. We want to call this show “Nyama Nyama” To bring a new awareness to garbage to prove that something deemed to be worthless in our daily lives, like garbage, could have values with a different perspective.
The purpose of this art show is to achieve 6 goals below.
- To engage in creative activities using local resources, as a way to revitalize Diébougou.
- To enjoy the interaction created by co-exhibiting art works from New York, Berlin, Tokyo and many cities from around the world.
- To give rise to unfettered, free, uniquely Diébougou ways of thinking.
- To make Diébougou a place of destination for people who want to experience things one can only experience in Diébougou.
- To reflect on how Diébougou can be improved.
- To pass on whatever is created in this art show to the next generation of youth in Diébougou.
Our Challenges in Burkina Faso.
"To have nothing means to have a possibility of having anything."
The first task in creating this budget was to be on the same page with people in about value and priority. The initial budget estimation from Diébougou was a lot bigger than we thought, with a huge budget to invite a famous singer from the capital city and food vendors but it did not include payment for festival staff.
Many of the locals have never realized the possibility of Diébougou itself. What we need for the festival, is not to bring something that are said "good" from somewhere more developed. They said: "there is nothing here, who would want to come to such a place?"
But they do have things. Little kids are making djembe out of empty cans and playing music! So now, we have one thought that we share: this festival will help us realize all the art that’s already in our daily life by creating cultural exchange, and seek the maximum possibility of our beautiful Diébougou.
With this budget, we are starting to create new products in Diébougou, by the hands of the local people. Through this festival, we would like to start searching something absolutely new, something that no one in the world has ever experienced, here in Diébougou, where has a possibility of having anything.
Short on cash? How about sending us your creative ideas!
We are looking for idea/concept donations as well. We want to collaborate with as many people from all over the world as possible. No matter how small of an idea, this beautiful city has a possibility to make it a reality.
Do you have an awesome chair design that is completely recyclable? Share it with us! We're hoping that manufacturers will see that this land is the best place to put their advanced technology to work and make donations for this festival.
We will continue this project for at least 10 years. Our near future goal is to pass this project to the next generation. We would be very happy if you will dream with us, by making a donation for this festival.